The new ELI just published is 'Questions to ask at any rock face 6: fossils. What questions about fossils might be asked at any rock exposure?'
- Were they buried where they were or moved around, sorted out and broken up?
- As they were being buried, what might they have looked like, smelled like?
- After they were buried, how did they change?
- Why are some types of organism much more commonly fossilised than others?
- What can fossils tell us about a deposit?
Other related activities can be found on the home page of our website.