'Get geo-creative; making your own woolly fossils' is an extension idea for 'What was it like to be there? – bringing a fossil to life'.
Using one of the readily available patterns, pupils (and teachers) can crochet or knit their own fossils. They could then try answering the following questions about them:-
- What sort of place was this animal living in?
- What did it breathe?
- What did it eat?
- Was it a hunter? – or hunted? – or both?
- What could it have seen?
- What could it have sensed?
- How did it die? – can we tell?
- What happened after it died?
Lots more ideas related to fossils can be found on our website.