These photos come from the Earthlearningidea about the porosity of rocks - 'The space within'.
Pupil learning outcomes: Pupils can:
- test the porosity of a model in the classroom;
- work out the percentage pore space;
- explain why some rocks are porous;
- apply their knowledge of rock porosity to real world situations, such as oil and gas reservoir rocks and rocks containing water (aquifers);
- (in the context of other activities from the Earthlearningidea series) explain the difference between porosity and permeability.